Thursday, 31 March 2011
Jennifer Lopez teams up rapper Lil Wayne for “I’m Into You” – the 3rd single from her forthcoming "Love?", which is scheduled to be released on April 19th. Her second single might be a world wide smash hit for pop radio and the dance clubs, but this right here is gonna get her urban fans back.
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Perri's friend passed a demo of the song to So You Think You Can Dance choreographer Stacey Tookey; who loved "Jars Of Hearts" so much, she asked Christina to record a professional version to be used for Billy Bell & Kathryn McCormick`s performance.
The song then exploded overnight, hitting number 13 on iTunes, number 23 on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart, number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100, number 54 on Canada's single chart, number 10 on Amazon's digital singles chart, and number 2 on Billboard's Heatseekers countdown. And it quickly sold more than 100,000 copies
Here she is with her new single "The Lonely" which is the 3rd single taken from her upcoming debut studio album "Lovestrong" which is due out 10 May 2011 via Atlantic Records
"The Lonely’ is about my love affair with loneliness," Christina says of the song. "The saddest, quietest, most painful kind. It's lonely personified. It’s my relationship with no one, and I’m very happy I kept it superdramatic and simple at the same time. It’s me, a piano, plus a nineteen-piece orchestra."
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Sunday, 27 March 2011
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Since than she`s been performing in local venues in her hometown of NYC and has plans to release a new album independently in the summer. Here are 3 tracks off her new album.
Earlier this week Chris Brown performed and did a interview on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts to promote his new album when she asked about the Rihanna incident. He tried to redirect questions to focus on his new album, F.A.M.E., but Roberts continued to ask about it. After the interview, he stormed into his dressing room and he smashed a window with a chair in his dressing room, shattering the glass. What a fucking douchebag . He should be able to give an interview without blowing up and playing the victim. Like he entitled because it happened to years that he never has to answer questions about that situation.
Here`s a new track from singer/songwriter Jhene titled "Sailing NOT Selling" featuring Kanye West,who also produced the track. It`s taken from her mixtape with the same name, she released it via her official website JheneAiko.com. There’s no word on what’s going on as far as her releasing an album, but it seems as though she’s trying to generate a buzz for something.
Here`s a new track from Grammy Award winning gospel duo Mary Mary titled "Never Wave My Flag" taken from their sixth upcoming studio album "Something Big", which is set to hit stores on March 29th through Columbia Records. "Never Wave My Flag" is a mid-tempo piano-driven fiery number laced with lush drum patterns which see Mary Mary in defiant mood as they sing about never giving up in the face of adversity and tribulations.
"He was very affected by it and asked a lot of questions and we decided we wanted to do something together to help. So we actually are in the process, we're almost done... He did a watercolor of the Japanese flag and we're making shirts and totes [bags] and note cards and we're gonna sell them locally here and donate the proceeds. We're really excited about it."
Check Solange’s twitter account for retail and pricing information.
1. We will suffer creatively, we will find new ways to bleed, we will welcome self-destruction as a means of satisfying our artistic obligations.
2. It is our duty to rebel against sophistication, social constructs and conventionality.
3. Up until now, literature has merely glanced into the expanse of creative possibility. we intend to race this space to its ends and upon victory, draw it onward and force its evolution towards absurdity.
4. We affirm that the world’s magnificence has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of the mundane, the detail, the spec, the routine. an edge, a vestige, the sliver of space wedged between misery and invisibility: each are individual. when memorialized through page, they are more beautiful than the fathomable ideas of our rushed humanity. we will be still.
5. The body who experiences despite consequence, who asks the edge for favors: you are an open window holding a magnifying glass.
6. The poet must know that one cannot have pleasure without an equal or surpassing amount of pain. we must ache.
7. Except in struggle, there is no more beauty. a work that’s chest does not heave and strain, that is not bruised and broken, will not delight us with aesthetic epiphanies.
8. Why should we look back, when what we want is to break down the mysterious doors of the impossible? we already live in the absolute, because we have created an eternal, omnipresent dimension of never-ending evolution.
9. We will glorify suffering and hedonism so that those who are adhesive to convention might judge us only after first indulging in our means of attaining beauty.
10. We will know of the individual beginnings and ends of every patch of sky. we will know the personalities, expressions and moods of every strand of our hair, every crease of our skin, every pitch of our voice. we will know every blade of grass. we will carefully choose which flap of the venetian blinds to peek at the morning with. we will watch things as they melt and know the distance of their spread. we will think about someone else’s ears. we will say apple and ask that you tell us the color. we will wallow, oh how we’ll wallow. we will sit in things for too long, thinking. but we will connect and feel and better understand.
Friday, 25 March 2011
Thursday, 24 March 2011
Wednesday, 23 March 2011
Cleo has already already begun establishing herself in the industry, as a featured artist on various tracks. Notable features include Tinie Tempah's ‘Tears’, DaVinChe's ‘Hero’, alongside Bashy on ‘Riding For Love’ and most recently on the official Orange Rockcorps anthem ‘Give A Little Love’ co-starring Roll Deep, Aggro Santos, Bluey Robinson and Bashy. Cleo also appeared on the soundtrack to Noel Clarke’s UK Urban flick “4, 3, 2, 1” via club hit ‘Dancefloor’ with Wretch 32.
Tinie Tempah ft Cleo Sol - Tears
Roll Deep & Aggro Santos - Give A Little Love/RockCorps 2010 (feat. Cleo, Bluey, Bashy, Wretch32)
What a creative rendition, the talented singer-songwriter Goapele covers Sinead O'Connors classic hit, "Nothing Compares 2 U", and samples Kanye West's "Runaway" from his recently released album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
Here`s a new track from independent Malaysian singer-songwriter/poet Yuna Zarai titled "Deeper Conversation" taken from her 2008 self-titled debut EP which was re-released this year on her Fader label debut EP "Decorate" available now on Itunes. This song is so relaxing, it's almost like i`m listening to Norah Jones, but with her own style.